Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers in Indiana

Drug use in Indiana has been on the decline for the past six years. In most recent surveys the average percentage of Indiana residents who are dependent on illicit drugs is about 2.5%. This is compared to the national average of about 3%. As is the case in all states, the rate of drug use among young people between the ages of 12 and 17 is much higher. Indiana’s rate for this demographic is just under 9%; the average rate for the same age group in the rest of the country is just under 10%.

Indiana’s rate of alcohol dependence is more in line with the rest of the country. In recent surveys, just under 7% of people in Indiana struggle with alcoholism. The average for the rest of the country is closer to 6.5%.

Types of Addiction Treatment Facilities

There are multiple levels of care available in Indiana when it comes to treating addiction, and oftentimes people will start at the higher levels of care in an inpatient setting, and then finish with some longer-term help in an outpatient program. Here are the most common types of care:

  • Detoxification
  • Inpatient/ Residential Treatment
  • Partial Hospitalization/ Day Treatment (PHP)
  • Intensive Outpatient (IOP)
  • Outpatient

Indiana Treatment Admissions

Marijuana is the most popular illegal drug consumed in Indiana according to those enrolled in treatment facilities in the state with about 32% of people in recovery citing the drug as their primary substance. Cocaine, heroin, and stimulants each make up roughly 10% of survey responses in Indiana.

In Indiana, only about 14% of people struggling with illicit drug dependence enroll in a rehabilitation facility. This leaves 86% of drug addictions in Indiana untreated. The rates for alcohol addiction treatment in Indiana are even lower. Only about 10% of Indiana residents struggling with alcohol dependency find help from a recovery center.

There are many options for those seeking help with addiction in Indiana. In the state there are over 250 different facilities offering treatment for those addicted to drugs or alcohol. Most of the facilities are privately owned and operated, but there are publicly funded options as well. Of the privately owned facilities, just under 70% are not for-profit. Of these facilities, most also offer some form of mental health services as well as drug addiction recovery services. There are 92 rehabilitation centers in Indiana that offer help exclusively for drug and/or alcohol addiction recovery and do not offer mental health services.

For those struggling with addiction to drugs or alcohol it is strongly recommended to seek the help of a rehabilitation center. There are many options for people in Indiana, and there are many variables to consider in choosing a facility. Many people find that the use of a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center referral service is very helpful in choosing a treatment.

Indiana Behavioral Health Resources

Indiana Family and Social Services Administration
402 West Washington Street
Indianapolis, IN 46207-7083
Phone Number: (317)-232-7800
Fax Number: (317)-233-3472
Web Site: https://www.in.gov/fssa/dmha/index.htm

Find Rehabs Near You in Indiana

Find drug and alcohol treatment centers in Indiana near you by searching for your desired city or zip code below. You may also call us and speak with one of our rehab consultants about other facility options that may be available.