Find Kansas Drug & Alcohol Rehab Programs
Drug use in Kansas has been lower than the national average for the past six years surveyed. Illicit drug dependence nationwide is, on average, just under 3%. Kansas’ rate of drug dependence is under 2.5%. Kansas has also seen a decrease in average drug use among young people between the ages of 12 and 17 years old. On average, just under 7.5% of Kansas residents in this age group struggle with dependence on illegal drugs; the national average for the same demographic is slightly lower than 10%.
Among those enrolled in rehabilitation centers in Kansas, the most frequently mentioned primary drug used is marijuana with about 28% of enrollees citing their dependence on the drug. The second most popular type of illegal drug in Kansas is stimulants. Roughly 12% of people in recovery cite the use of stimulants as their primary reason for rehabilitation. 8% of patients mention cocaine, and a further 7% list heroin or other opiates.
Which Level of Care is Right for You?
Many people go through a full continuum of care when it comes to treating substance use issues. This often starts with detoxification, and then is followed by an inpatient or residential treatment component, when medically appropriate. The latter is key when it comes to using insurance coverage, as not everyone immediately qualifies for residential treatment. Many people who receive help do so through various levels of outpatient services. There are full-time programs, such as partial hospitalization (PHP), part-time day or evening intensive outpatient programs (IOP) and other outpatient services available.
Kansas Rehab Admissions Information
Out of all of the people in Kansas who struggle with illicit drug addiction, less than 13% receive treatment for their abuse from a rehabilitation center. The other over 87% are left untreated and, in many cases, continue to depend on substance use.
Roughly 6% of Kansas residents struggle with alcoholism compared to about 6.5% in the rest of the country. Of those dependent on alcohol use, less than 4% enroll in a treatment program to overcome their dependency issues.
Patients in recovery programs in Kansas struggle with both alcohol and drug use. Around 46% struggle with both, another 32% struggle with alcohol only, and a further 22% are recovering from alcohol dependency only.
In Kansas, there are 181 treatment facilities available for those seeking recovery. Of these facilities, 136 are exclusive to people who are in need of help overcoming addictions. The other 45 offer mental health treatment as well as addiction recovery programs. The majority of rehabilitation centers in Kansas are privately owned and operated, but there are also several publicly funded and operated facilities. It is strongly recommended that anyone with dependency issues involving drugs or alcohol seek the assistance of a rehabilitation facility. Those who seek help enjoy a much higher rate of recovery than those who do not.
Kansas Behavioral Health Resources
Kansas Department for Aging & Disability Services – Substance Abuse
503 South Kansas Avenue
NE State Office Building
Topeka, KS 66603-3404
Phone Number: (785)-296-3471
Fax Number: (785)-296-6142
Web Site: https://www.kdads.ks.gov/home
Locate Rehabs in Kansas Near You
You can find treatment facilities near you in Kansas by searching for the desired zip code or city below. If you would prefer personalized help, you can call and speak with one of our rehab consultants to learn more about additional treatment options.