Kentucky Alcohol & Drug Rehab Centers
In Kentucky, the average rate of illicit drug dependence is about the same as the national average. Just under 3% of Kentucky residents struggle with drug addiction. The rate among young people is higher than any other age group, as it is in every state, but Kentucky’s youth addiction rates are still lower than the rest of the country. On average, about 7% of Kentucky residents between the ages of 12 and 17 abuse an illicit substance. The national average is just under 10% for people of a similar age group.
The most popular drugs in Kentucky are heroin and other opiates; almost 50% of patients enrolled in drug rehabilitation programs in Kentucky say that they are their primary drug of use. Marijuana is the second most popular drug mentioned by about 25% of respondents. Cocaine is mentioned roughly 15% of the time.
Treatment Admissions in Kentucky
Alcohol dependence in Kentucky is lower than the rest of the country as well. On average about 5% of residents struggle with dependence on alcohol, while the national average is about 7%.
Of those who are addicted to illicit drugs, only about 17% enroll in a recovery program; the other 83% are left untreated. Treatment statistics for heavy alcohol use are significantly lower. Less than 4% of heavy alcohol users are treated for their addiction.
In Kentucky there are 281 rehabilitation facilities offering treatment for drug and alcohol addiction. Of these, roughly 90% are privately owned and operated, although there are several public options. About half of the private facilities in Kentucky are not for-profit. Mental health services are often combined with drug and alcohol rehabilitation in the same facility in Kentucky. 139 of the 281 centers in the state offer a mix of both, while the other 142 offer treatment exclusively for drug or alcohol recovery.
Anyone struggling with addiction is highly recommended to seek the help of a rehabilitation facility. Those that enroll in a recovery program have a significantly higher chance at recovery than those who do not. There are many options from which to choose, and it is important to consider all relevant factors in making a decision. There are also many referral services that can assist in finding the proper treatment program and facility for those in need.
Long-Term Recovery Resources
The secret to lasting recovery isn’t really much of a secret. It starts with a desire to change, and then about finding resources that fit with the needs of each person. From there, it is often a matter of long-term engagement. This usually means starting with higher levels of care, such as detox and residential treatment, and then continuing on with outpatient treatment and therapy for many months. Recovery support is also crucial from family systems to peer-led support groups, therapists, recovery coaches, sponsors and friends. More support for longer periods help to drive recovery rates.
Kentucky Behavioral Health Resources
Kentucky Department for BH, Developmental & Intellectual Disabilities
275 East Main Street
Frankfort, KY 40601
Phone Number: (502)-564-4527
Fax Number: (502)-564-5478
Web Site: https://dbhdid.ky.gov/kdbhdid/default.aspx
Find Rehabs in Kentucky Near You
If you’re looking for treatment centers near you in Kentucky, simply search by zip code or city below. If you would like more personalized help in locating other rehab program options, feel free to call us and speak with a recovery specialist.