Find Drug Rehab Help in Maine
Maine’s drug use is, on average, slightly lower than that of the rest of the country. Roughly 2% of Maine’s population has a dependency issue with illegal substances, while the national average is just under 3%. The rate for young people, however, is about 1% higher in Maine than it is nationally. About 11% of Maine residents between the ages of 12 and 17 abuse illicit drugs, the rate for the country is just under 10%.
Alcohol dependency in Maine is lower than the national average as well, but it has been increasing for the last 4 years. About 6.5% of people in Maine struggle with alcoholism; the rate for the nation is just under 7%.
Maine Rehab Admissions
Opiates are the most popular drugs abused in Maine by a significant margin. Rehabilitation program patients were surveyed to find out what their primary drug of use was, and about 67% said they struggled with opiates other than heroin; a further 15% said heroin. The second most popular illegal drug used in Maine is marijuana, at about 17%. Cocaine was mentioned by survey respondents about 8% of the time.
In Maine, less than 5% of people with dependent, heavy alcohol use enroll in treatment for their addiction. The other 95% of residents with alcohol issues do not receive treatment. For those with illicit drug addictions, roughly 17% of people receive help overcoming their addiction from a rehabilitation service.
There are 155 different facilities in the state that offer alcohol or drug addiction recovery services. Most of the facilities in the state are privately owned but there are also several publicly funded centers that are run by the local, state, or federal government. Mental health services are often offered by the same facilities that offer addiction recovery programs. In Maine, 81 of the 155 facilities offer mental health services in conjunction with drug and alcohol rehabilitation. There are 74 centers dealing exclusively with addiction recovery.
For anyone seeking help with addiction or seeking help for someone else, it is strongly recommended to enroll in a rehabilitation program in order to have the best chance at recovery. There are many variables that can affect which facility will serve someone best; many people find it helpful to employ the assistance of a rehabilitation referral service in their search.
Maine Behavioral Health Resources
Maine Department of Health & Human Services Office of SA & MH Services
41 Anthony Avenue
State House Station #11
Augusta, ME 04333-0011
Phone Number: (207)-287-2595
Fax Number: (207)-287-4334
Web Site: https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/samhs/
Locate Rehabs in Maine Near You
To find drug rehab programs near you in Maine, search by city name or zip code below to see local listings. You may also call us to speak with a treatment specialist to see what other facility options may be available.