New York Drug Rehab Programs
On average, the rate of drug use in New York is about the same as drug use in the rest of the country. Just under 3% of Americans, and residents of the state struggle with dependence on some illicit substance. The highest concentration of drug abusers in both New York and in the rest of the country are between the ages of 12 and 17. Among 12 to 17 year olds the average rate of drug use is about 10.5% in the state and just under 10% in the rest of the country. Rates of alcohol dependence are similarly higher in New York than in the rest of the United States; about 7% of New York residents are dependent on alcohol, while about 6.5% of American citizens have similar dependencies.
The most popular illegal drug used in New York is heroin with about 32% of treatment admissions stating that heroin is their largest drug issue. Marijuana was mentioned by about 29% of residents admitted into treatment facilities. Cocaine was the third most frequently cited drug at about 20%. Prescription pain-killers and other opiates were listed as primary drugs by another 15% of treatment center enrollees.
New York Drug Rehab Admissions
In New York, people struggling with addictions to illicit substances only receive treatment about 12% of the time, leaving the other 88% without any form of treatment to aid in their recovery. Relatively even fewer people receive treatment for their alcohol abuse; only about 3.5% of the state’s alcoholics enroll in a treatment program.
There are 964 different facilities in the state of New York that offer treatment programs in order to help people overcome addictions. Most of the facilities in the state offer treatment exclusively from any other form of mental health program, but 105 of the 964 centers offer rehabilitation in the same location as other mental health services.
It is strongly recommended that anyone struggling with addiction to drugs or alcohol in the state of New York find the immediate help of a rehabilitation center. Many people also find it helpful to seek the assistance of a rehabilitation center referral service to better match the program to the individual.
New York Behavioral Health Resources
New York Office of Alcoholism & Substance Abuse Services
1450 Western Avenue
Albany, NY 12203-3526
Phone Number: (518)-473-3560
Fax Number: (518)-457-5474
Web Site: http://www.oasas.ny.gov
Find New York Rehab Centers Near You
To locate the nearest rehabs in New York, simply search by zip code or city below. If you would like personalized help finding more treatment center options or ask a question, contact us to speak with a rehab consultant.